CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

FATHER

The night is dark for thick clouds are covering the moon
The sun won't be coming out 'til noon
My thoughts sought here after, wandering far
And noticed the door was ajar
I followed the light from the opened room
And saw butterflies, trees, and flowers all in bloom
Beneath the moon and under the stars
I wandered far from the lands, bewildered on enchanted ways
Long was the way I kept on walking
Never did I halt 'til I felt pain in my weary feet
One moment I stood there listening And feel my own heart beat
There came a voice so fair and sweet
All that is gold does not glitter
Not all those who wander are lost
"I answered back for I knew those words so well"
Renewed shall be hope of the hopeless
The weary shall be free
Took you so long to discover
From here and thereafter you wander
You need not search that far
For I am and always will be near
Forgive me, dear Father
After long search and travel I did falter
Took me so long to realize what caused the delay
But with your guidance, I didn't fall astray
You found me because you so badly need me
But where were you in your cheerful days?
I need not guess 'cause I know all your ways
Even before you speak I can hear your thoughts
Needless to say those words of forgiveness
You know I'll forgive you and forgive you even more
That's what you are to me
What am I to you?

No comments: